Saturday, July 2, 2011

GOT MY NEW ALBUMS!!!

Katy Perry Teenage Dream + The Boys Promo
Plus Umbrella
Worth 700php
One of the Boys (2008)

My Rating: 8 out of 10
I love the album's concept, the classic rock feel. I love how Katy Perry solely writes her song like "Thinking of You", "One of the Boys" and "Mannequin." I also love her singles which are danceable and fun. But some songs are same sounding and kinda boring. But at least, I see the artistic value in the album.

Teenage Dream (2010)

My Rating: 6 out of 10
The "California Gurl" from Santa Barbara delivered a satisfying pop album. The title-track "Teenage Dream" does not represent the whole album. The album is catchy, good pop songs and many potential hits. I would say that Katy Perry wants to deliver a party album but it turned out to be 80s. Firework is a good pop ballad. There are songs that lyrically talks about being married which is ironically to the concept of the album. The rocker element is still present in some songs of the album including the title track. "Last Friday Night" and "Peacock" are potential hits and as catchy like Ke$ha's song. Her voice is turned into a robot. Overall, the album is catchy and good.









No comments:

Post a Comment