Friday, March 11, 2011

Katy Perry: One of the Boys and Teenage Dream Era

I KISSED A GIRL (2008)

"I Kissed a Girl" is Katy Perry's first single from her album, One of the Boys. This song is one of the coolest song I've heard. The title itself shows. All I can say, the song is fun and creative. (4.5/5)

HOT N COLD (2008)

"Hot n Cold" is one of the catchiest song I've ever heard. It reminds me of some old electro-pop songs. I love the lyrics in the chorus, especially the binary opposites. It's very entertaining. (4.5/5)

THINKING OF YOU (2009)

"Thinking of You" is one of my favorite love songs. I never thought it was solely written by Katy. Well, the chorus reminds me of a song before but I can't figure out what that song is. I love the melody and the video, it's really great. (5/5)

WAKING UP IN VEGAS (2009)


"Waking Up in Vegas" is one of the songs with best meaning or what we called a song with meat. I love the pop rock feel. I love Katy's vocal performance in this song. (5/5)

CALIFORNIA GURLS (2010)


"California Gurls" is fun and catchy but I don't like it that much. It is too similar with Ke$ha's TiK ToK, the rhythm, the beats, the structure, It is almost the same. It is "fine, fresh, fierce." (2.5/5)

TEENAGE DREAM (2010)

"Teenage Dream" is a good pop song with catchy tunes and sing-a-long melodies. The lyrics is perfect and I love the guitars on the chorus. It celebrates humans teen years. (5/5)

FIREWORK (2010)

"Firework" is a nice inspirational song but sometimes the metaphors and similes do not fit on the message of the song. The over-use of synths creates a doubt if she is serious on the message. (3/5)

E.T. (2011)
"E.T." is a bad song, it sounds the same with "All the Things She Said" by t.A.T.u. The futuristic feel is similar with Ke$ha's demo "Aliens Invading." (1.5/5)

2 comments:

  1. e.t. if it wasn't for the video, it wont even be heard on radios... worst katy perry song ever....

    ReplyDelete
  2. firework. do u ever feel like a "plastic bag"?.. WTF?!

    ReplyDelete